Re: how to change table's tablespace?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 02:39:58 GMT

Hi Niall,

Well, I don't think it's a question of trusting Oracle or not ... if you think about it, what other option did they have than to set SYS and SYSTEM's default tablespace to SYSTEM? At the time they are created, that is the *only* tablespace that exists, so it could be set to no other.

Once you have added your own tablespaces, however, then it is perfectly fine to change the default setting, and has actually been recommended here a number of times (and not by my, I hasten to add -though I do so now;-)).

Regards
HJR   "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Um my *good* reason is that I tend to trust Oracle to know what they
 are
> doing with SYS,SYSTEM etc. I realize that this may not be especially
> convincing <VBG>.
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 21:39:58 CDT