Re: help recovering archives when all files in sync

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:25:31 +1000

"Syltrem" <syltrem_at_videotron.ca> wrote in message news:3MYI5.1897$eE2.78464_at_weber.videotron.net...
> Woops! What did I say! Command to create redo log files actually is in the
> trace file script from backup controlfile to trace.

No it's not. Read it again.

> Before someone slaps me, I do it myself!
>
> Syltrem

Well, I'll lend you a slap for not reading the script closely enough.

There are statements in there which tell you what redo logs ought to exist (as well as what datafiles exist), but that's merely a question of setting the *pointers* to those files in the about-to-be-created control file. Nothing to do with re-creating those files at all.

Unless you have a magic trace file that I've never seen before. The command is to 'backup controlfile to trace' not 'backup the controlfile and re-create anything I may happen to need while you're at it'.

Regards
HJR