Re: Parallel Execution: Oracle8 Ent. Ed. vs. Server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:05:44 +0200

Visit http://www.oracle.com/availability and you will see your assertion the *only* difference is Parallel Query is utterly untrue. Enterprise comes with objects, function based indexes, a facility to replace literals by bind variables and so and so on and so on.
With respect to parallel query, you can enforce parallelism on several levels
instance wide
per table (by modifying your tables attributes in the dictionary) per statement by using hints.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA