Re: Redo Logs

From: <speedrazer_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:38:02 GMT

Check out the following link from the Oracle Online Documentation:

http://kenpo.msun.edu/grace/Oracle/Doc/database.804/a58397/CH5.HTM

If you received the Oracle "On-line Generic Documentation" CD with your distribution, I highly recommend installing it. However, be prepared for the Search facility it provides to hang when you open it, which really sucks because when it works, it's better than almost any book(s) you can find on Oracle. When I do have problems with the Search thing loading, I've sometimes gotten around it by wailing on the 'Stop' button a few times right after I launch it. Also, it seems to behave better if you install the documentation on your hard drive rather than trying to use it off of the CD.

HTH,
SR