Re: SQL Plus - Connection Query

From: Steve Blomeley <steveblomeley_at_yahooDOTco.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:34:10 +0100

Aoife

> I have found where SQLPlus is installed now, however when I type
> sqlplus at the prompt ( in the oracle home bin directory)
> I get the following error:
>
> ld.so.1: sqlplus : fatal :libclntsh.so.1.0: open failed: No such
> file of directory

It sounds like Oracle can't find some of the shared libraries that are required to run sqlplus. The libraries (such as libclntsh.so.whatever) are part of the Oracle installation and should be in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

I guess that Oracle uses the value of ORACLE_HOME to locate the libraries, so make sure the ORACLE_HOME environment variable is defined to point to the base directory of your oracle installation.

If you already have an ORACLE_HOME defined then I'm not sure what's going wrong - Maybe best to re-post on the main thread with more details of your system, ie: version of Oracle that you're running and what flavour & version of UNIX it's running on.

Regards
Steve Blomeley Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 12:34:10 CDT