Re: Handling of archive logs

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 18:23:41 GMT

Budgets are tight - as ever.
Sites I have worked tend to have 1 or two days of uncompressed archived log files, and ditto compressed - thus having at least 2 copies on disk, and on 2 different tapes. Murphy, huh? Murphy was an optimist.

Or -as one of the guys put it- tapes? a tape is just rust on wheels! And, indeed, I have witnessed the chaos when backups cannot be read from tape... But then again, no disaster plan testing...

Frank