Re: how to change table's tablespace?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:10:29 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:39f18fee_at_news.iprimus.com.au...
> This is (a) bad DBA work in the first place (every user with the rights to
> create things should have a setting for DEFAULT TABLESPACE),

<snip>
> To sort out point (a) first: do a select * from dba_users where
> default_tablespace = 'SYSTEM'. Anyone listed there should have a proper
> tablespace set as their default: alter user blah default tablespace X

Given the 'work' the dba did in the first place I feel I should point out that you do NOT alter built in Oracle accounts default tablespaces if they appear in the list generated by this SQL command. (I know that its obvious but...)

Also check where the temporary tablespaces are set. I'd put money on them being in SYSTEM as well. temporary tablespace should be assigned to a tablespace that only accepts temporary objects (of type temporary in fact).

HTH (and isn't too patronising)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA