Re: Help on Install Oracle 8i Enterprise

From: Don't Bother <davidknollhoff_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:29:41 GMT

A couple things may be causing this;

Also, this can be causes by not having a database to connect to. This is set by your ORACLE_SID environment and what's in the /var/opt/oracle/oratab file. Did you create a database using dbassist? If so, your ORACLE_SID need to be set.

Another issue you might face is more a memory issue. If your /etc/system file doesn't reflect the necessary entries for oracle, you will have problems even starting your database.

David Knollhoff
Oracle DBA / Solaris Admin

In article <39F13A9C.2EC03CE5_at_ebs-us.com>,   wfong_at_ebs-us.com wrote:
> I have purchased the Oracle Technology Network Sun Sparc
 Oracle

--
Cry on someones elses shoulder

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/