Re: What slows down that query?

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:37:54 -0500

Generally speaking, generating an explain plan for both queries will allow you to see how Oracle is accessing the data. If using SQLPlus type set autotrace on or refer to the documentation for the syntax of how to generate and read an explain plan without executing the statement.

I don't think I can explain what is happening with the query without that information as well as knowing what indexes you do/don't have, what optimizer you are using etc. Obviously the last addition is changing the plan or order of execution.

--
Dave A