Re: Oracle 7 application running against Oracle 8i (HP-UX)

From: SkiDad <skidad_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 21:09:55 GMT

I hope I won't be needing forms. ;-)
I have found a Oracle 7 Server V7.3.2.2 CD. Might this do to get a "*client-only* install" with the SQL*Net 2.0? Any idea what the how to start installing from the HP-UX Oracle Server 7.3.2.2 CD? I of course found no documentation with it. It apparently is not started with ./runInstaller as is the Oracle 8i stuff. SkiDad. . .

> Frank wrote:
> Guess you do need a *client-only* install of 7.3.4 for HPUX.
> Next you're telling you need forms 3.0?
>
> SkiDad wrote:
>
> > So, as you can imagine, the next question is where to find SQL*net
 2.0.
> > It does not seem to be on my Oracle 8.1.6 CD. Finding the old oracle
> > CD's around here seems to be a problem. Any idea what CD I should be
> > looking for to find an SQL*net 2.0(+) that runs on HP-UX 11.0?
> > SkiDad. . .
> >
> > In article <8snnfs$ljl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > SkiDad <skidad_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > > I may be homing in on the problem: A coworker found a document and
> > > printed a portion of it awhile back from oracle technet "Oracle8i
> > > Migration Release 2 (8.1.6) A76957: F SQL*Net and Net8
> > > Considerations for Migrations and Upgrades" This does indicate
> > > that I need to have SQL*Net installed on the computer. . .
> > >
> > > Interstingly enough, we were unable to find this document again on
> > > Technet.
> > >
> > > I'll be back to report on what happens when I try to install
 SQL*Net.

> > > SkiDad. . .

 Oracle
 7