Re: query did a full table scan even with an index

From: JustMe <Nhuan_at_Lieu.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:57:28 GMT

Well, I am getting close, but no cigars. I have implemented the followings per many your good suggestions (in that order):

  1. Analyze table 1_MILLION_ROW_TABLE delete statistics;
  2. Drop the index;
  3. Analyze table 1_MILLION_ROW_TABLE compute statistics for columns gl_local_acct_nbr size 8;
  4. Recreated the index. This time using the keyword BITMAP;
  5. Rerun query, but table scan still exists.
  6. Tried using ALL_ROWS hint (confirm that it did use it in EXPLAIN PLAN result) with the above steps in tact, table scan exists as expected since HINT ignore index, performance increase only 1-2%.
  7. Repeat the process with "analyze table 1_MILLION_ROW_TABLE compute statistics for all indexed columns"

Any other suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for those who already helped.

In article <8so1h9$u4g$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> analyze table tableX delete statistics
> analyze table tableX compute statistics for all indexed columns
>
> should do the trick
>
> In article <8sns7e$pno$1_at_news.gte.com>,
> "Kevin Brand" <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com> wrote:
> >
> > Histogram on GL_COMPANY_NBR should do the trick. Be aware that
 CHOOSE tends

--
Remove no "_NoSpam" to email.