Re: Database Block Size

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:58:36 GMT

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:41:59 GMT, steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au (Steve Adams) wrote:

>I suggest that you ignore that EMC advice. There is a maximum of 4 cache
>allocations in the EMC cache per physical disk.

Thanks for the info, Steve. I've often asked what is the cache distribution on EMC's and drew a blank out of their engineers. this is the kind of info they should be making available to DBA's out there, instead of telling them to treat the thing as a "do-it-all-blackbox". Which it isn't.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri Oct 20 2000 - 04:58:36 CDT