Re: Oracle downloads and licensing

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Oct 2000 10:11:09 -0400

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Technet downloads are free for development. When the databases
> go into production, that is when you must license from Oracle

Do you know where I can go then to find the answer to a follow up question to this. We have a client that we are building a prototype for and this prototype will be used to get VC funding. I would like to use the Oracle suite to do this because they are definitely going to go with an Oracle solution if they get the funding, but this would mean using the suite beyond just development.

> (gotta love drug-dealer marketing - first hit free, pay up when
> you're hooked :)

Well, at least its obvious up-front that they are trying to hook you.

> Mmm....Tragically Hip reference

I've used this signature for a couple of months now. You are the first to mention this. I was waiting.

> (possibly the best Canadian band. Others will disagree. YMMV).

I would guess Canadians would disagree with the possibly adjective.

Would you believe I'm American. I have a couple of Canadian cousins and they turned me on to them. They are my favorite band, not just favorite Canadian band.

The name has a really great story as well, but I'm guessing it is also why they haven't caught on here in the States.

--
Galen Boyer
New Orleans is sink'n man and I don't want to swim.