Re: Oracle downloads and licensing

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:51:54 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:

> My understanding of the policy on using downloads off of technet
> is that a developer can use these products to develop
> applications for clients, but the products must be purchased by
> the clients before put into production.
>
> What are your understandings of these policies relating to the
> technet downloads?

Technet downloads are free for development. When the databases go into production, that is when you must license from Oracle (gotta love drug-dealer marketing - first hit free, pay up when you're hooked :)

> Thanks
> --
> Galen Boyer
> New Orleans is sink'n man and I don't want to swim.

Mmm....Tragically Hip reference (possibly the best Canadian band. Others will disagree. YMMV).

Cheers,
GC Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 05:51:54 CDT