Re: Oracle 7 application running against Oracle 8i (HP-UX)

From: SkiDad <skidad_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:01:53 GMT

I may be homing in on the problem: A coworker found a document and printed a portion of it awhile back from oracle technet "Oracle8i Migration Release 2 (8.1.6) A76957: F SQL*Net and Net8 Considerations for Migrations and Upgrades" This does indicate that I need to have SQL*Net installed on the computer. . .

Interstingly enough, we were unable to find this document again on Technet.

I'll be back to report on what happens when I try to install SQL*Net.

SkiDad. . .

In article <8snei3$d17$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   SkiDad <skidad_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Do I need SQL*Net running on the Oracle computer on which my Oracle 7
> application is running in order to talk to an Oracle 8i database? If
> so, can SQL*Net run on the same computer as an Oracle 8i database?
> SkiDad . . .

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:01:53 CDT