Re: How can I run multiply instances in Oracle at the same time?

From: <roni.hursti_at_laatukolmio.fi>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:18:36 GMT

What I would like to have is:

To have multible ORACLE_SID:s in one machine with one Oracle.

Situation is something like this:

We want have two sid's: MY_SID1 and MY_SID2

When database structure changes we make the modification to MY_SID1. At this time users use the MY_SID2.
After making the changes and tests to MY_SID1, we notify the users to change sid to MY_SID1.

When new database structure changes comes we make the changes to MY_SID2 ....

In unix the change of sid (and thus database) should go like this: $ export ORACLE_SID=MY_SID2
$ sqlplus system/manager @<<zz
desc my_table
zz
-->

Name                            Null?    Type
------------------------------- -------- ----
DUMMY                                    VARCHAR2(1)

$ export ORACLE_SID=MY_SID1
$ sqlplus system/manager @<<zz
desc my_table
zz
-->

Name                            Null?    Type
DUMMY                                    NUMBER(1)

Regards

Roni

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 19 2000 - 05:18:36 CDT