Re: Forcedirectio In Solaris

From: EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 19:37:06 GMT

One thing I couldnot understand is why it is not correct for large table full scans ? Doesnot Oracle buffer anyhow ? Why should we not turn on forcedirectio option for such tablespaces ? After all we don't need kernel buffering, do we ? Thanks

--
Ender Wiggin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.