Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on RH 7.0 - kernel parameters

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:53:11 -0500

You could try telling the installer to not create a database to see if this is actually the problem. I do not know what size(memory) database the instal would be creating, but the shared memory max parameter must be at least the size of the SGA Oracle will use. Perhaps the documentation will give you an idea of what this default DB will require.

--
Dave A