Re: Operating system I/O buffer size

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:52:11 GMT

Hi Terry,

I think that Kevin is making the assumption that you will have matched your multiblock read size to the maximum physical I/O size possible on the platform, and suggesting that you make your extent size a multiple of that. For more information at both points please see the tips on the Ixora web site on "Why Large Multiblock Reads" and "Planning Extents".

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/