Re: Oracle 9i article.. if link is still good.. comments?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:25:33 GMT

IMO, this article makes a lot of claims that it can't back up as of yet. 9i hasn't even been released in beta form yet and won't be until next year sometime. The article seems to take Oracle's promotional rhetoric as if it were true facts. And we've all seen the danger of believing in "vapor ware". So you make your own conclusions.

Just my 3.14159265 cents worth,
Brian

Doug wrote:

> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20001016/tc/oracle9i_is_it_more_fluff_than_stuff__1.html
>
> What do people think of this?
> If link is trash, go to yahoo's news section and search for "Oracle
> 9i" and maybe it will still be there..

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at
  USGS EROS Data Center