Re: Is this a new feature or bug in Oracle 8i?

From: Bill Manry <BManry_at_nomail.us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:47:43 GMT

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:27:49 GMT, Cathy Racicot <racicot_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:
>While waiting for shutdown using shutdown normal, the database waits for
>all user sessions to end, but doesn't allow any new sessions to begin.

Yes, but the expected response to a session create in this situation is ORA-01033 (Oracle initialization or shutdown in progress). An ORA-03113 as described by the poster usually indicates a problem.

Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corp. USA These are my opinions, not Oracle's. Received on Wed Oct 18 2000 - 00:47:43 CDT