Oracle8i/ODBC error

From: <Nhuan_at_Lieu_NoSpam.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 20:32:39 GMT

Hi Oracle8i experts,

After we applied several function-based indices on several Oracle8i tables, we are no longer able to attach to those tables via Access 97 like we used to. We received the following error from Ms Access97: "invalid field definition 'SYS_NC00116$' in definition of index or relationship". "SYS_NC00116$" is an Oracle8i-generated index name for the function-based index.

I would appreciate on any help on resolving this. Thanks.

Here's what we have tried: upgraded to the latest Oracle ODBC driver from Oracle (see below). Note: access to a table without function-based index is still working.

Here are version information on various Oracle product in the NT4 system:

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 17 2000 - 15:32:39 CDT