Re: OPS & Automated Standby Database

From: kg <kg_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:25:06 -0400

Thanks for the info. More questions about failure situation & operational situtation.

Failure:
a) if an OPS node fails, then what happens?? All of a sudden the standby node will stop getting archive log files for the failed thread - or is OPS smart enough to have another node send the "last" redo log file of the failed node and inform the standby that there will be no more redo logs for the failed thread?

b) any manual intervention required on either the primary OPS system or the non OPS standby system in the case of a node failure?