Re: Oracle 8.1.6 and Red Hat 7

From: <per333_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:27:49 GMT

I do have the same problem also. I installed Oracle 8iR2 on Redhat 7.0, and the actual installation was ok, but I can't find a way to create a database. When I run the Database Configuration Assistant, dbca, (I think that is what it is called), it doesn't pass 0% of the process. The dbca creates a zombie process (defunct process) and hangs. When I press the Cancel button, it creates another zombie process and hangs again. The only way out have been "kill -9 ...".

If I try to create a database manually using svrmgrl, it seems to do the same thing. After a connected to svrmgrl and run "startup nomount pfile..." the process hangs, and a zombie is created.

I'm eager to find a solution to all this so I don't have to go back to Radhat 6.2.

Suggestions? Tips?

Would appreciate help!
Thnx
// POA In article <qwZE5.319239$Gh.9272118_at_news20.bellglobal.com>,   "Etienne Laverdiere" <info_at_digitaltango.com> wrote:
> What kind of problem do you have? I just installed Oracle 8.1.6 r2
> Entreprise Edition on my Linux Red Hat 7.0 and it seems find. My
 "only"
> problem now is that I cnno't create a database correctly! Do you hve
 the
> same problem?
>
> - Regards,
>
> Etienne Laverdiere
>
> "Philip Ross" <philip_ross_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone come across an unofficial or official fix to the problems
 with
> > installing Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat 7? Is Oracle 8.1.7 likely to fix
 any of
> > the problems?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Philip Ross

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 04:27:49 CDT