Re: how do I enable the Semphore - for oracle installation ?

From: Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engineer <Casper.Dik_at_Holland.Sun.Com>
Date: 16 Oct 2000 13:31:19 GMT

[[ PLEASE DON'T SEND ME EMAIL COPIES OF POSTINGS ]] "Lior" <lior_at_amicada.com> writes:

>when I do ipcs
>it says that Semaphore Facility inactive

>how do I enable it ?

The solaris FAQ says:

1.16) How can I enable System V IPC? Ipcs says it isn't configured in.

    There's nothing you need to do to enable System V IPC, but on boot     up "ipcs" always says:

	IPC status from <running system> as of <date>
	Message Queue facility not in system.
	Shared Memory facility not in system.
	Semaphore facility not in system.

    This just means that no one has yet used the Message Queue/Shared Memory     or Semaphore facility yet. They'll be loaded on first use.

    If you really want to have them loaded at boot time, add the     following to /etc/system:

	forceload: sys/msgsys
	forceload: sys/semsys
	forceload: sys/shmsys

    In Solaris 7, ipcs will report the unloaded facilities as inactive rather     than "not present in system".

The most recently posted version of the FAQ is available from <http://www.wins.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/>

--
Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
be fiction rather than truth.