Re: Oracle 8.05 Client memory overrun

From: <jocave_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:33:02 GMT

In article <8scf2r$dvl$1_at_news.netvision.net.il>,   "Avner Lewenstein" <lavner_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> When creating a connection (using tcp based tns) I see memory overrun.
> I've tried it with both ODBC and OCI and got same problem. In some
 programs
> it cause crash later on.
> Did anyone encounter such a problem? What is the solution?

First, have you installed the latest Oracle patchset (8.0.5.2.6 if memory serves). Patchsets can be downloaded from:

ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/server/patchsets/wgt_tech/server/windowsNT/

Assuming you've done this, can you provide a few more details (i.e. code you're using, what tool you use to see the memory overrum, etc.)

Justin Cave
Oracle ODBC Development

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not reflect those of Oracle Corporation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 07:33:02 CDT