Re: 8i export import to 8.0.5.1 database not a valid export

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:20:43 GMT

Exactly; basic trick is to use the lower version tools against the higher version db.
Sometimes, it is required to add these structures you were referring to, and -as Philips pointed out- you could do that by running catexp7 against an V8 database.

Much to my surprise, there's no such thing as a catexp80 for 8.1.6 (aka 8i R2); the (V8.0) export utility runs like a charm against an 8.1.6 database!
I know of one version where the views were the same, but the tools were different: 7.2 vs 7.3 - this is the one exception to the above scenario.

Core dumps may be platform and/or version dependant, and may or may not have anything to do with imp/exp. On NT, I can exp80 from 8.1.6.

hth, Frank