Re: clearing the sga buffers

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:23:55 GMT

Our news server sucks. I didn't know this thread has gone this far.

Anyway, I have another idea. For Rocr to do benchmark, why not put the table data in the recycle buffer pool? That way, the data will be immediately flushed out after they're selected. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com

In article <8s76fh$nm07_at_shark.ncr.pwgsc.gc.ca>,   "Rocr" <rolland.cright_at_pwgsc.gc.ca> wrote:
> Thanks, this worked well.
>
> Cheers everyone...
> "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > This doesn't work with version 8.1, although it
> > would with 7. The offering from Conor about
> > putting tablespaces offline temporarily will
> > do the trick though, but you have to know
> > which tablespaces to bounce by looking at
> > X$BH
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jonathan Lewis
> > Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
> >
> > Yong Huang wrote in message <8rlamb$5h1$1_at_localhost.localdomain>...
> > >That clears shared pool, not the other two parts of SGA. I believe
 the
> > >poster wants to clear buffer cache. Other than bounce the
 database, I
 can't
> > >think of any way. Maybe run select * from all large tables or v$
 views to
> > >occupy buffer cache so other stuff is squeazed out.
> > >
> > >Yong Huang
> > >yhuang_at_indigopool.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 16:23:55 CDT