help: oracle 8.0.6 server on aix 4.3.3

From: Uwe Steffen <uwe_at_eulen-steffen.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:45:05 +0200

We have currently two problems we are unable to solve, even using oracle-support and our own (bull) support:

A number of database sessions hangs with 'buffer busy wait'. This occurs randomly
  after 1-7 days of stable operation. There is another session running a 'db file scattered read' on the same database block, wich does not return. The only solution
so far is to restart the server.

The second problem is the very high system load (ca.40%) regardles of user load
on the server.

The configuration is:
- 4-ppc604-300 MHz cluser runnig aix 4.3.3

The problem (1) orrurred repeatedly on different servers using the same software,
but also without raid.
In the beginning we had DISK_ASYNCH_IO=TRUE and fastpath enabled, then DISK_ASYNCH_IO=TRUE and fastpath disabled, then DISK_ASYNCH_IO=FALSE and fastpath enabled, but nothing seems to help.

Is there anyone else who experienced the problem(s) before?

Uwe Steffen
Bull GmbH
u.steffen_at_bull.de Received on Sun Oct 15 2000 - 05:45:05 CDT