Re: I have a job with Oracle and SQL, what do i need to do?

From: Derrel Allen <dla56k_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:35:21 GMT

In article <39E65F39.92156240_at_houston.rr.com>,   vinyl_at_houston.rr.com wrote:
> My uncle is offering me a job with their new online side of his
 company,
> he wants me to learn Oracle and SQL. I am not a computer novice.

I've 'enjoyed' reading the responses to your plight. Obviously the respondants had little to no sypathy or empathy for your plight. Their memory has faded, and they have been jaded to the point that they cannot remember the first time they tried to fire up Oracle on a test system...
While I'm sure their attempts at humor (split the paycheck for 6 months) were genuine... we can all be glad that they have gainful employ and do not assault the audiences in Vegas with their comedic styles. Yet, I digress.
Being sympathetic with your situation, Vinyl, I can only suggest what I am currently doing. Reading, getting the software, setting up a lab, finding other ORACLE 'gurus', learn... etc. And believe it or not... it ain't that easy.... I suppose if it were, there would be more Oracle gurus, and less comedians.

--
Derrel

http://omagic.com
Objects on calendar are closer than they appear.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.