Re: Q:Sqlnet .. multiple queries in a single packet ?

From: EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 02:03:15 GMT

In article <8s9k45$gcl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   sybrandb_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8s8csu$ltt$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > My basic question is if there is a way to tell SQLNet to bundle
> > queries and send them together and get the results. What happens is
> > that SQLNet sends each packet "each sql" seperately. Is there a way
> > tell SQLNet to send multiple sql statements in one batch ? Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Ender Wiggin
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >
> There is not.
> It has never been there, and it will never be there, as PL/SQL has
 been
> devised for that purpose. Also, if you want to do that outside PL/SQL,
> IMO, there isn't any advantage to that. Most sql statements will
> comprise more than one TCP/IP packet, so they are going to be
> fragmented anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Well I had an unfortunate case of an application sending small packets of sql queries "select x.name from table t where t.name = XXX" and this packet is small than the max MTU packet size. There are hardly any packets large enough to be 1K even. So I was thinking of trying to merge these small packets into one unit. Thanks for the answer....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 14 2000 - 21:03:15 CDT