Re: Rollback segment doesn't shrink back to optimal

From: <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:02:33 GMT

In article <8s7a88$ofr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   fsiegel_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> The transaction is committed!! And no other transactions are using
 this
> rollback segment. And I even disconnected from the client.
>
> > rollback segment will not shrink back to optimal size after a
> transaction ends
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

To re-state the previous reply:

Rollback segments do NOT automatically shrink to OPTIMAL when the transaction that extended the segments completes. The next transaction to use the segement will shrink the segment if the previously allocated space is not necessary.

If you MUST shrink the segment:

alter rollback segment 'x' shrink;

--
David Fitzjarrell