sys.access$

From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm_at_interealm.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:28:16 -0500

Who can tell me what the heck sys.access$ is really used for? There is no description of this table anywhere that I can locate (including sql.bsq). All I can tell you about it from some experiments are:

If you create a view that performs a SELECT COL1,COL2,COL3 FROM SINGLE_TABLE the "columns" column of access$ populates with a bitmap of sorts where each column used in the view is indicated by a bit being set.

If you create a view that references two or more tables, this column of access$ is null.

If you create a stored procedure that performs an insert or update that one or more operations, the "columns" column of access$ will populate with a similar bitmap as described above in the view. Although since this column populates whether 1 table is accessed or multiple tables, I'm not sure how it's marking the bits in this case.

Any ideas?

--Roby Received on Fri Oct 13 2000 - 16:28:16 CDT