Re: change foreign key value????

From: Stephan Langer <slanger_at_dixi-wc.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:02:01 +0200

hi,

try
alter table <table_name> disable constraint <contraint_name>; and
alter table <table_name> enable constraint <contraint_name>;

this will diable the constraint for all users (not just the actual transaction) temporarily. And you can't enable the constraint again if in the meantime someone has inserts an row that doesn't fit to the constraint.

hth
SL