Re: RMAN or not RMAN

From: Steven Hauser <hause011_at_garnet.tc.umn.edu>
Date: 13 Oct 2000 17:58:11 -0500

Yeah, I use Veritas and RMAN. 50-100 GB instances. Hot backups. No big deal. Few lines of rman script right out of the manual. Works OK for me. Compared to that ratbag utility EBU, I pick RMAN. Pretty flexible restore to different locations.

Nothing like a homegrown script to make things exciting trying to back up 10 instances, then try to find all the broken little pieces for a restore and recover.

Steven Hauser email: hause011@tc.umn.edu URL: http://www.sofbot.com/