Re: Oracle 8.1.6 problems with Redhat 7.0?

From: Patrick Hogan <hogeys_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:59:47 GMT

This should be useful to people ;^)

As an update to the saga, I tried the errata off redhat for glibc and had no success! The one and ONLY way to get this working thus far is to install oracle on 6.2 and then upgrade to 7.0. I was lucky enough to have a 6.2 machine around to install oracle on then move the directory structure to the 7.0 machine (very, very carefully).