Re: Database Cloning

From: Rocr <rolland.cright_at_pwgsc.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:48:04 -0400

I've done this several times and is quite a bit faster when dealing with large databases. The two other suggestions in this thread: big and little endian; and ascii vs. binary modes of transfer are important. One other suggestions or something that you may have overlooked: when you shut down the database (Step 2) do you use shutdown Normal???

Cheers,
Rolland Cright
Senior Oracle DBA