Re: Urgent : ORACLE AND VBA6.0

From: gchaoui <gchaoui_at_framfab.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:43:03 +0200

Did anybody encounter any of these problems connecting to Oracle via ASP or VB:

I am working in a project which involves Oracle & ASP. I wish to know if you've ever tried to connect to Oracle via ASP or if you know anybody who did so.

In fact, we must choose the bug-free solution betwwen those 3 :

1/ To connect via ODBC is a very tricky solution. 2/ via OleDB is really better but errors appear sometimes : ASP error 0115 (very frequent) or OLEDB error (2 or 3 errors of this type per day).
3/ via OO4O (Oracle Objects For OleDB) is the better solution but we've got the following error :

                OraOLEDB error '80004005'
                ORA-00020: maximum number of processes (50) exceeded
     What are processes and does that mean that an internet site with
ASP-Oracle has no chance to be viewed cause no more than 50 users can connect at the same time using OO4O?

     Do you know how to catch and insert a blob after a form is posted and without saving it to the disk in first place .. ??

Hope you could answer any of this question or confirm that you've experienced such troubles.

Cordially,

Ghazi.