Oracle 8i ERROR: ORA-06553: PLS-908: The stored format of SYS.STANDARD is not supported by this release.

From: Bob Newby <NO-SPAM.Bob_Newby_at_renewassoc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:18:53 GMT

Does anyone have experience with the following Oracle 8i Error: "ORA-06553: PLS-908: The stored format of SYS.STANDARD is not supported by this release".?

FYI, I am using Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production version. (I don't think it matters, but I will also note that my Oracle installation is the one provided through my Oracle Technology Network subscription.)

I first encountered this error when attempting to utilize the DBA Studio (Oracle Enterprise Manager 2.1.0.1.0) to create a user-defined object type. The set of errors listed at that time were:

"VBO-1509: Data source could not be updated. Please disconnect and try
again.
ORA-06541: PL/SQL: compilation error - compilation aborted. ORA-06553: PLS-908: The stored format of SYS.STANDARD is not supported by this release."

Subsequently I launched SQL*Plus and noted that it lists the following errors, including the main one above, upon connecting to Oracle8i:

"ERROR:

ORA-06553: PLS-908: The stored format of SYS.STANDARD is not supported by this release.

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO ERROR:
ORA-06553: PLS-908: The stored format of SYS.STANDARD is not supported by this release."

Any light that can be shed on this matter will be greatly appreciated -- including how to resolve it, since this is inhibiting my ability to create new object types.

Thanks and best regards,

Bob

--
Robert E. Newby