Oracle 8i Enterprise Manager

From: Sudip Chakraborty <sudip_at_inductis.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:33:08 -0400

Hi,

I have a problem with Oracle 8i Enterprise Manager. I used the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant to create a repository with the user "ADMIN" - which was created during the configuration. Everything seemed to go fine.

However, when I start the Enterprise Manager console and type in the username password, I am unable to login. I get the message "VTK-1000:Unable to connect to the management server <name>". Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status of the Oracle Management server."

I can login to the Oracle DBA Studio using the username and password. I suspect somehow the name of the management server is not set correctly. Should I be using the IP address of the management server or do I need to use the database SID?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sudip Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 10:33:08 CDT