Re: Anyone using 8.1.7 ? Strategy for upgrades?

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:43:22 -0500

Go for it, if you go with 8.1.6.2 I guarantee there are bugs, I just logged a new with with support this afternoon. Interesting problem with the cursor_sharing=FORCE parameter that causes a *lot* of core dumps and application disconnects. It was a person from this newsgroup who helped me understand the problem. Support took over a week with 500 trace files I sent them and were still scratching their head. I am sure that 8.1.7 will have it's share of bugs as well. It's just the nature of the beast and it keeps us employed and making good money.

I cannot think of any good reason to go with anything other than the latest release when upgrading since the older versions all had problems or deficiencies or their wouldn't be a newer version :-)

--
Dave A