"Middle Tier" Advice Sought...

From: Livery Stable <jbrigman-sp4mb10ck_at_ipass.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 22:30:35 -0400

At my current employer, we run "middle tier" machines which serve up the Oracle Apps, backed by "database machines" that run only the database and logfiles.

The question has been raised about moving the "middle tier" software on with the database server. have any one of you out there had any experience with such a change, and how did it go for you? Did you see a net performance increase? Decrease? Any notable points to make?

Thanks;
James Brigman Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 21:30:35 CDT