Re: 8i export import to 8.0.5.1 database not a valid export file, header failed verification

From: Gin, Jeannine [QUAL:7S03:EXCH] <jgin_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:04:19 -0400

I'm experiencing the same type of problem. I'm also trying to import a dump file from an 8.1.5 Oracle database on Solaris to an 8.0.5 Oracle database on
HP.

I get the following error message:

IMP-00008: unrecognized statement in the export file:

Any suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regs,
Jeannine

Bill Baker wrote:

 Hi all,

 I'm having great fun with Oracles export and import utilities, any ideas
 would be appreciated.

 I'm tring to import a dump file that was exported from an 8i database.  Export was done on a 2000 workstation(I think it was 8i tools), pointed  at an Oracle Solaris 8i database. The place I'm importing to is an  8.0.5 linux database. I keep getting the same message below:  Connected to: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.1.0 - Production  With the Partitioning and Objects options  PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.1.0 - Production

 IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification  IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

 I've researched this a bit, and found some postings which imply that you
 can't use exports from the "exp" tool that are higher version than the  database you are trying to import to. Any ways to work around this?

 It's really hard to believe that Oracle would change the dump files that
 much to the point where they would be incompatible in the same major  oracle version number.

 Thanks for any suggestions in ad
 --
 Bill Baker
 Paperless Business Systems