Re: [Newbie question]Oracle on NT Workstation

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:39:08 GMT

hi cyril,

No. you don't need to have a NT Server involved in here. An Oracle DB running on NT WS could also accept the connections.

To do this first thing you wanna make sure is that these two computers SEE each other through your network. once there then you'd install the Oracle client on the other machine and configure a service, or database alias as its known, by using the 'Easy Net Config' utility. once you've successfully installed the client and configured the service you could test the connectivity by loggin on thru SQL*Plus by:

userName/password_at_yourServiceName

HTH ATTA In article <8s174t$oo3$1_at_news2.isdnet.net>,   "Cyril ANDRE" <candre_at_scopeland.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sorry for this basic question :-) :
>
> I want to use a Oracle RDBMS from 2 computer on my network
 (development). Do
> I really need NT Server or is it possible to install Oracle on a NT
> Workstation et connect from remote client ? (For now I use the RDBMS
 on a
> Workstation; but the client is the SAME computer).
>
> Thanx for help
>
> Cyril.

> + + + SCOPELAND 2000 + + + The Code-free Database Application
 Platform + + +

> Cyril ANDRE (mailto:candre_at_scopeland.com)
>
> SCOPELAND Software
> La Boursidière BP 140
> F - 92357 Le Plessis Robinson Cedex
> Tél.: +33 (0)1 40 83 12 13 Fax: +33 (0)1 40 83 12 14
>
> http://www.scopeland.com

getting the meanin' of data...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.