Re: unused index

From: Roee Peled <roee_peled_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:44:51 +0200

Hello,

when you move a table from one tablespace to another with that command, you must rebuild your indexes.

if you will not do so you will get the error:

ora-01502: index 'index_name' or partition of such index is in unusable state.

if you still want to move your table use imp/exp this is the only way to reorgenize your table.

the command for rebuilding your index is:

alter index index_name rebuild;