RMAN or not RMAN

From: Scott Watson <rscottwatson_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:05:46 -0400

I was wondering if RMAN is really used or if DBA's are using shell scripts to perform backup and recovery.

Are there any real performance improvements to using RMAN. The big issue that keeps coming up in the doc that I have read is it can be done in parallel, but I am not exactly sure what that means since I can always open another telnet session and recover other datafiles and therfore my recovery is being done in parallel??

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
scott. Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 20:05:46 CDT