Slow query on table after adding 6 million rows....

From: <sbrendan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:19:55 GMT

We have a datawarehouse database based on a 'star' schema.

Each month we 'roll' forward the prior months data into a new months partition.

When we rolled 'Septembers' data into 'Octobers' partition query time on just the 'October' partition slowed down and is now four times slower than the 'September' partition for the same amount of data.

There are five keys on the table, are are number(38).

We have been working with Oracle support for five days and do not have any relief yet.

We have moved the data accross table spaces, changed index scheme, changed degree of parallel, unpartition the table, all produced the same slow results.

Could there be a problem when copying data from one partition to another?

Looking for any ideas on what might be the problem.

Thanks.
- Brendan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 13:19:55 CDT