Re: CICS falls down after using Oracle-Cics-Adapter

From: James Williams <techsup_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:57:46 GMT

kreitsch_at_my-deja.com wrote:

Would recommend that you pose this question to IBM-MAIN newsgroup.

An S0C4 (I was an OS/390,CICS, DB2 SYSPROG in a former life) is a protection execption rc-4 or a page rc-10 or segment rc-11 translation error. You probably got an 0c4-04 which could mean Oracle is probably trying to write over CICS code.

Did you look to see if any thing is in the DFHDMPx datasets? If you are CICS 4.1 and greater (should be after Y2K) you should have SVC dumps unless they are eliminated by DAE.

Did you place the patches in a libarary in the DFHRPL that is in the proper sequence?

If you got a dump after applying the patches did you send it to Oracle?

Also, you could have the Oracle stuff defined to the wrong storage key.

Have your CICS Sysprog get with Oracle.

There are tons of possibilities here.