Tuning Problem

From: Gennaro Napolitano <napol_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:05:01 +0200

Hy all

Using Oracle 8.0.5 I was able to collect, into the dictionary view V$RECENT_BUCKET & V$CURRENT_BUCKET, statistics information, that estimate the performance gain that would result from increasing or decreasing the size of my buffer cache, by setting the parameters: DB_BLOCK_LRU_EXTENDED_STATISTCS > 0
or DB_BLOCK_LRU_STATISTICS = TRUE

Now I need to use Oracle 8.1.5, and giving a look to the V$OBSOLETE_PARAMETER view I found that these parameters are not longer supported, furthermore the 2 dictionary views don't exist anymore.

I give a look to the documentation where I found that the buffer cache tuning is still possible, but I didn't find how to do it.

Does someone know the new mechanism to use to collect these statistics information?

Tanks in advance

Ciao Gennaro Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 06:05:01 CDT