Re: An ORA-00600 error, and what went wrong.

From: Mike Morgan <mike.g.morgan_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 02:13:22 GMT

According to MetaLink

Oracle Server Enterprise Edition Technical Forum

Subject: Error Ora-600[4097][][][][][][][]

RDBMS Version: 7.3.3.3
Operating System and Version: Windows NT 4.0 Error Number (if applicable): ora-600[4097][][][][][][][] Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Product Version:

Error Ora-600[4097][][][][][][][]

When I try to insert into table.

From: [snipped] 08-Feb-00 17:33
Subject: Re : Error Ora-600[4097][][][][][][][]

Hi.
I found this info while searching in this metalink site, please try the suggested workaround and let us know the results. The most likely cause of this is BUG 427389. The BUG is caused when Rollback Segments are dropped and
recreated after a shutdown abort
To avoid encountering this bug, rollback segments should only be dropped and recreated after the instance has been shutdown normal and restarted. If you have already encountered the bug, use the following workaround:

Select segment_name, segment_id from dba_rollback_segs;

Drop all Rollback Segments except for SYSTEM.

Recreate dummy (small) rollback segments with the same names in their place.

Then, recreate additional rollback segments you want to keep with their permanent storage parameters.

Now drop the dummy ones. This should ensure that the segment_ids are not reused.

If you ever want to add a rollback segment you have to use the workaround steps
again. If you do not fill the dummy slots you may see the problem re-appear.

From: Oracle, [Oracle analyst] 09-Feb-00 19:23 Subject: Re : Error Ora-600[4097][][][][][][][]

The information [snipped] posted is the correct steps needed to get around the problem reported under bug 427389, which BTW is fixed in the 7.3.4.1 patch.

[snipped]
Enterprise Server Analyst

 Copyright (c) 1995,2000 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices and Terms of Use.